- HostPapa Editor Review
- User Review
HostPapa is a privately-owned company located in Niagara Falls, NY and Oakville, Ontario, Canada. What’s special about this company is that they are truly a green company – every single device (from hosting servers to telphones and lighting) used in the company is powered by clean energy. Every year, Hostpapa energy consumption is audited by third party, they will then purchase the same amount of energy generated from wind farm so that the energy used will be fed back into the grid.
Editor’s Review on HostPapa Hosting
HostPapa is all about shared web hosting. The web host delivers a very standard features package where users get unlimited disk storage, data transfer bandwidth, and addon domains. You can learn more about Hostpapa hosting features from the table on your right.
In general, here’s what we found about the hosting company.
What’s good about HostPapa?
- Very affordable – Hostpapa cost less than $4.95/mo (if you’re willing to signup 3 years in advance).
- Environmental friendly web host – Hostpapa 100% powered by green energy thus it’s right for those who wish to minimize their carbon footprints.
- Reliable hosting server – Hostpapa operates its own data centers and are protected by various security measures including fault protection, security, fire-suppression systems, climate and temperature control, redundant power generation, as well as backup generators.
- Great bonuses – Free $25 ad credits for Google Adwords, Yahoo! Sponsored Search, Miva; Free $50 ad credits for Ask Sponsored Listings, and free $20 for Bidvertisers Advertising Network. In total, Hostpapa customers get free marketing credits worth $145!
- Simple and direct hosting plan – Hostpapa’s hassles-free ordering process helps beginners to work efficiently.
What’s bad about HostPapa?
- Long commitment period if you wish to get cheap hosting – Note that Hostpapa charge $6.95/mo for 12 months subscriptions; and $5.95/mo for 24 months subscriptions.
- Limited hosting options – Hostpapa does not provide different level of web hosting thus customers are not allowed to upgrade their web host.
- Inefficient customer support – Live chat system is not 24/7 plus the staff who attended us during test period was not very helpful.
- Unreasonable cancellation fees – Read the TOS carefully, HostPapa charge $29.95 setup fees and $24.95 domain registration fees; you will not be able get this money back when request for a refund.
Demand Over HostPapa (Traffics Review)
We picked a few other green web host and compared them with HostPapa on Google Insights. From the chart, you can see clearly that HostPapa is not very popular host and there is little growth in its search traffics. The web host has redesigned their website recently and we hope this will improves things a little.
Is HostPapa Hosting Recommended?
We do not find HostPapa’s hosting deal attractive. Hidden cost, bad customer support, fishy refund policy… these are not something we usually see in a good web host. If all you need is a low-cost, green, multi-domain hosting and need little technical support, then HostPapa seems like an okay choice. We believe that there are other better choices that cost more or less the same – iPage and GreenGeeks, for examples, are two great substitutes if you want affordable green hosting.
More details, visit HostPapa online: http://www.hostpapa.com